The dealers had to find alternatives to the legitimation check and signing of the contract in the car dealership. For RCI Banque Deutschland, the solution was the Post-Ident procedure.
Post-ident: how does it work?
- The salesperson at the car dealership can now print out a "coupon" to legitimise the customer at Deutsche Post and send it to the customer.
- The customer uses this "coupon" in connection with his identification document for personal legitimation.
- Deutsche Post confirms to RCI Banque Deutschland that the legitimation process has been successfully completed digitally.
- The customer sends the signed financing or leasing contract to the salesperson.
- When the salesperson then submits the financing or leasing contract to RCI Banque Deutschland for settlement after the vehicle has been registered, the customer's proof of legitimacy is already available to RCI Banque Deutschland.